Last night I spent a few minutes thinking about the year that has passed, and the one that lies ahead. There have been ups and downs, calms and storms. That’s part of life, right? The important thing is to learn from your experiences and take away lessons for life. This is what I’ve learned so far, and it’s something I intend to follow in 2017. I’m calling it my ten commandments for a happy life 😉
1. Learn to be comfortable in your own skin. Find your own space inside your head in the middle of a crowd. Don’t let the world in. Find your zone, be in your zone, live in your zone.
2. Be you at all times. Don’t change based on the situation or the people you’re dealing with. Let the situation change based on how you deal with it, not vice versa.
3. Accept that people may not like you. That’s okay. You’re not everybody’s cup of tea. Some may not like you for who you are. Others may not like you because of who they think you are. Trust me, it doesn’t matter either way. As long as you like yourself, it’s all good.
4. Stand up and speak up when you need to.
5. Be real. Don’t live in a fantasy world. Face the facts, face your fears, face the music; and then move on stronger, braver, wiser.
6. Believe in your intellect. Don’t let the world dictate who you’re supposed to be. Tell the world who you are.
7. Listen to your gut. That little voice inside your head knows what’s best for you.
8. Follow your dreams. Don’t give up on something because someone else can’t see your vision. Don’t pursue something just because it’s supposed to be done. You’ll end up living an empty life.
9. Take a leap of faith every now and then. Don’t settle into your comfort zone. Try something new. Fail. Try again. Till you succeed. Or learn a new lesson. Life is too short and there are so many things to be learnt and experiences to be had.
10. Learn to let go. Let go of negativity, bad experiences, the past. Learn to relax. Breathe.